Since 2010 I’m a fully trained Maternity Acupuncturist which accompanies alternative treatment options for you. As I’d like to offer the best care possible to you and your baby, this service is free of charge for women under my midwifery care.
I offer appointments at my Maternity Acupuncture Clinic at River Ridge East Birth Centre (see contact details) as well as home visits in certain circumstances.
I’m a member of NZASA (NZ Acupuncture Standards Authority).
Acupuncture is a safe and effective therapy option, originating from Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Very thin needles are inserted into specific points to support and enhance the natural healing power of your body.
However, for some conditions heat therapy called moxibustion is recommended. Moxasticks are mugwort- cigars, safely held over specific places on the body to stimulate the acupuncture points.
List of treatable conditions:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Anxiety and depression
- Urinary tract infection
- Thrush and abnormal vaginal discharge
- Back pain
- Hip pain
- Pregnancy induced hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Optimal foetal positioning .e.g. posterior or breech position (success rate up to 70% !!)
- Small for gestational age babies
- and many more…
- Optimal preparation for birth (from 36 weeks gestation)
- Induction of labour
- Pain relief (incl. acupressure points for support person)
- Optimal foetal positioning
- Problems during childbirth
- Increase of milk supply
- Emotional imbalance, postnatal depression
- Optimal recovery
Treatments are by appointment only, vary from 30- 45 min, depending on your current condition.
NZ$ 60.00 for consultations, including taking a full medical history at our first appointment and review of your current condition with each session.
Prices are payable cash or via online banking straight after appointment. Thank you.